Monday, September 12, 2011

Hello, hello

Well I have finally decided to dive in to the world of blogging.  My name is Karen and I own The Quilters' Store, The Embroiderers' Store in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia.

This blog will relate mainly to my sewing life which obviously revolves around my shop.  I have sewn all my life - don't remember ever not sewing.  My mother was a tailoress and a wonderful seamstress.  She taught me (and all my brothers and sisters) from a young age how to sew.  She also taught me to knit, to crochet - basically to create.  So thanks Mum.

I remember at high school getting into trouble becaue we started a project one week and I had it finished by the next week - it should have taken me all term!  Obviously I only did sewing at school for one year - they were way too slow!

For me if it has fabric, thread, beads, buttons, lace, trims and anything remotely related, then I'm interested.

About me personally - I'm married to Andrew, the love of my life.  We met in my first year at Uni, age 17 and he still makes me melt.  We have 2 beautiful daughters - Leah and Caitlin - both have grown into delightful young women that I am so proud of.  I also have a son-in-law, Jared.  He is a good young man who loves my Leah dearly.

There have been and are assorted pets - currently 2 cats Ceva and Louis.  Ceva is a Maine Coone and he's big - weighing in at around 11kgs.  Louis is a Ragdoll and a featherweight compared to Ceva - only 5 kgs.

I'll find some photos of them all soon and pop them up for you to see.

That's it for now

Talk soon!


Karen

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to blogging Karen

    cheers
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to blogland Karen!!! What a great way to keep up with what's going on! I plan on coming up to the Quilt Show in October, so will see you then!!!! I hope you have fun with this!!

    ReplyDelete